KTVO Employment Opportunity- Marketing Consultant
Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KTVO is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Marketing Consultant who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic and outgoing personality with a drive to succeed. Most importantly, we are looking for hard-working consultants who want to have FUN at work, make money and help local businesses grow. You can work this position form our Kirksville MO location or our Ottumwa IA location depending where you live.
This position comes with an attractive guaranteed salary and the opportunity to earn some of the best commissions in the business. Our Marketing Consultants are some of the highest commissioned sales people in the industry. If you are interested in selling some of the best media in the industry, we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities will include:
• Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by reaching out to local businesses and other advertisers
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating TV, online and digital mediums
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions and service
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
Willingness to LEARN - We can teach you if you are willing to learn!
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated traits
• Ability to overcome objections
• Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
• Sales experience preferred but not required
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
• Reliable transportation is required
Apply on line at www.sbgi.net.