Food Recalls:Oysters and Ground Beef
(CNN) - Seafood lovers may want to avoid raw oysters from British Columbia, Canada.
California Department of Health said roughly 100 people got sick after eating the oysters, which were sold by retailers and restaurants. It's possible other states received them as well.
Nearly 200 cases of gastrointestinal issues linked to consumption of raw oysters were reported in Canada.
Lab testing has confirmed some of those who fell ill had norovirus infection. Symptoms include diarrhea, vomiting and stomach cramps.
Health officials say people who eat shellfish should cook them until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees.
Another recall you need to know about:
A North Carolina food processor has recalled more than 17.7 tons of ground beef, some of which was sold in Kroger stores, for possible contamination with plastic bits, according to the Department of Agriculture.
JBS USA is recalling 35,464 pounds of raw ground beef processed at its Lenoir, N.C., facility for possible contamination with hard plastic pieces, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced late Wednesday. The recall comes after a consumer found blue, hard, plastic pieces in one of the products, the USDA says.
The department says there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to the consumption of the products, which were produced March 22, 2018.
The ground beef, sold in a variety of packages, was shipped to distribution centers in Virginia and Indiana and sent to retailers including Kroger stores in North Carolina, Virginia, Indiana, Illinois and eastern West Virginia, as well as Food 4 Less and Jay C stores in the Midwest. The products carried a sell-by date of April 9, 2018, and a USDA mark with the number EST. 34176.
Some consumers may have packages of the ground beef in their freezers, the USDA says. Those who bought the products should throw them away or return them to the place of purchase.