8 Worst Drinks for your Body
From cocktails to energy drinks to smoothies to sodas, the options of what we drink are endless.
But did you know that some of the drinks we may be consuming on a regular basis can actually really be bad for us.
Dr. Trish Sexton, Associate Dean for Curriculum for the Kirksville Osteopathic College of Medicine stopped by the set of Good Morning Heartland to break it down for us. WATCH VIDEO above to learn more.
1. Alcohol: One to two drinks a day has been show to raise HDL cholesterol, boost blood flow and improve sugar metabolism, but its when you take that third or fourth drink where you raise your risk for obesity and other health problems.
2. Energy Drinks: These are made with caffeine and sugar, so although they give you that short-term burst of energy, you'll ultimately crash.
3. Whipped coffee drinks: When made with 2% milk, your large cup of coffee can contain up to 800 calories.
4. Diet soda: It may be calorie free, but its also 100% nutrition free.
5. Juice drinks: Juice with labels 'juice drink' and 'juice cocktail' are almost always a euphemism for brightly-colored sugar water.
6. Sports drinks: Many sport drinks on the market contain a mixture of natural and artificial sweeteners.
7. Lemonade: Most store bought versions are made from the same sweetener used in sodas.
8. Flavored water: Flavored and infused waters may deliver a few extra vitamins, but they also have added sugars and some even have more calories than you think.