82
      Friday
      91 / 68
      Saturday
      90 / 72
      Sunday
      91 / 71

      Agency fire caused by clothes dryer

      House fire in Agency was caused by a clothes dryer catching on fire

      A house fire in Agency on Friday morning caused quite the commotion on Main St.

      It was around 10:30 a.m. Friday when the Agency Fire Department arrived on the scene to a home on Main St.

      Paramedics and the Wapello County Sheriff??s Office were also on the scene.

      Smoke could be seen billowing out the back door of the house.

      KTVO spoke to Agency Fire Chief Mile Holcomb who said the cause of the fire was due to a clothes dryer catching on fire.

      Thankfully, no one was injured.

      Chief Holcomb said the homeowner??s smoke detectors were working as they should and wants to remind everyone to make sure their smoke detectors are working properly, as well.