Reusing your coffee mug is great for the environment, but it may not be so great for your health.
Experts say your office coffee mug is used for just about ever beverage, making it a home for bacteria.
People rarely take their coffee mug home for washing, and many times scrub it at the office with sponges that have been used by everyone.
Neal Chamberlain, Ph.D., an A.T. Still University microbiology professor, tells us microorganisms love moisture.
"Probably the most numerous is on the handle of the cup and around the lip where you're mouth touches with that," Dr. Chamberlain said.
"Those are probably the highest levels of contamination, however the organisms can get down as you contaminate the liquids that you're drinking. There's a film that develop even after you empty the cup."
The bacteria that lives in and around your coffee mug can cause diarrhea, vomiting and other illnesses.
Chamberlain tell us the best way to limit germs and other bacteria, is by taking your cup home and washing it in hot water.
Organisms love moisture, so drying your cup after every use is also good.