Downtown snow removal begins Monday
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 22:52:55 GMT —
City of Ottumwa Public Works crews will be picking up snow downtown starting Monday, Jan.17, weather permitting.The work is scheduled for the overnight hours, from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday through Thursday. Crews will begin on Main Street at McLean.
The areas to be cleaned are:
- Main Street " McLean to Union
- Second Street " Jefferson to McLean
- Third Street " Market to Washington
- Fourth Street " Green to Washington
- Market Street " River Drive to Third
- South and North Court " Main to Third
- Washington Street " Main to Fourth
- Marion " Main to Second
- Packard " Main to Second
The snow emergency was lifted Wednesday, but during snow removal work, vehicles must be parked off these streets during the overnight hours of work. Once the crew is done cleaning a block, parking may resume on the street.