Fire at Ottumwa car wash leaves $20,000 in damage
Thu, 02 Aug 2012 20:39:23 GMT —
A fire at an Ottumwa car wash had firefighters busy Wednesday night.
The fire happened at the BP station located at Pennsylvania and Jefferson Street on the cityâ??s north side.
Ottumwa Fire Chief Tony Miller explained to KTVO Thursday afternoon what happened in the building to start the fire.
â??They had a quick fire. They has some gasoline that was in the bay, fumes drifted into the mechanical room, the boiler had kicked-on to heat the water in the car wash, and it had lighted the fumes. It did approximately $20,000 in damage and the car wash will be shut down for about a week to 10 days,â?? Miller said.
According to Miller, no one was injured in the fire.