Fix that pothole

For Tuesdayâ??s Facebook Story of the day, you wanted to know more about how to report problems around the city such as potholes and street lights that arenâ??t working properly or at all.

In Kirksville the best thing you can do is to take a detailed description and location of the incident and contact the city. This can be done on their website or by directly calling them.

â??The city actually has a couple of ways citizens can get a hold of us to report a problem. The easiest would be to get a hold of us on our website at Right on the home page is this red button that says report a problem. They can do that 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They donâ??t have to worry about if somebody is going to be in the office. They can report a problem by getting on and logging in and can actually track the progress of that problem. Thatâ??s the easiest way. Otherwise they can call city hall or the appropriate department. You can find the numbers in the phone book or on our website and you can call Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at city hall,â?? said Kirksville City Manager Mari Macomber.

This procedure is not limited to just street lights and potholes. You can also contact the city for issues with code enforcement, animal problems, traffic signs, and damage that you see.

Outside the city of Kirksville, you can contact your local officials or the department in which you would like to report the problem.