Kirksville man suffers minor injuries in a structure fire
Sat, 15 Feb 2014 00:34:45 GMT —
The Kirksville Fire Department was called to the scene of a structure fire at 1212 South Ann Street just before 1:30 p.m. Friday.
Firefighters say the resident of the mobile home told them he suspects that there was an electrical issue with a space heater located in the living room.
The resident was home during the time of the fire. He got out of the home through a window, but was transported to Northeast Regional Medical Center for treatment of mild smoke inhalation.
He also suffered some minor cuts and scrapes. The man's name is not being released at this time.
Fire officials tell us the home is a total loss.