MDC receives national innovation award for MO Fishing app
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. —
The Center for Digital Government recently awarded the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) a State Government Experience national award for MDC’s MO Fishing app. MO Fishing was selected for radically improving the experience of government and pushing the boundaries of how citizen services are delivered.
“We are very excited to receive this award,” MDC Fisheries Division Chief Brian Canaday said. “One of our goals in creating the MO Fishing app was to help connect citizens to information about fishing in Missouri and to have it right at their fingertips. This app does exactly that and we continue to add new suggestions from anglers to keep making it better.”
MDC’s MO Fishing is a free app that lets anglers:
- Buy, review, save, and show fishing permits.
- Find nearby lakes, rivers and streams.
- Easily see features of bodies of water, boat ramps, parking lots, and restrooms.
- Use fish-attractor data to find the best fishing spots.
- See fishing season and regulations.
- Read annual fishing prospects and weekly fishing reports.
- Use a handy Fish Guide to help identify catches.