The long awaited murder trial of Kay Young and Katherine Mock is underway.
It began Monday morning in federal court in St. Louis. Mock and Young are each facing federal charges of conspiracy to commit murder for hire and murder for hire.
The charges are in connection with the shooting death of Melvin "Beau" Griesbauer near Novinger on March 23, 2006.
The federal indictment alleges that Young and Mock planned and caused the death of Griesbauer, so that Young could collect on his insurance policies. Authorities say those policies totaled more than $700,000.
It is alleged Young recruited Mock, and Mock then tried to recruit to other people to commit the murder. Both women could face life in prison if convicted.
The trial began Monday morning with jury selection. It is unknown how long the trial could last.
Murder trial delayed
- Monday, October 31, 2011Trial delayed until March 2012.
Mock/Young to be tried together
- Friday, October 07, 2011Trial set to begin Oct. 31
Young/Mock trial delayed...again
- Friday, September 16, 2011Trial now set for the end of October.
Young-Mock murder trial to start?
- Tuesday, September 13, 2011Pair charged in the death of Melvin Griesbauer.
Mock/Young learn trial date
- Friday, April 29, 2011Trial scheduled for fall.
Mock, Young will not face death
- Friday, February 25, 2011Griesbauer was killed by a shot to the face.