Here's a look at the 10 most costly projects:
1. Interstate 70. Reconstruct and widen I-70 to six lanes from Independence to Wentzville. Additional funding provided by future bonding capacity. $500 million.
2. Interstate 270. Improve I-270 between U.S. 67 (Lindbergh Boulevard) and Missouri 367 in the St. Louis area. $350 million.
3. Interstate 70. Improve I-70 between Natural Bridge and Hanley roads, including the Interstate 170 interchange, in the St. Louis area. $200 million.
4. U.S. 63. Construct a shared four-lane road on a new location from U.S. 50 to Maries County Road 209 south of Freeburg. $93 million.
5. U.S. 50. Add lanes to U.S. 50 from California to Tipton, add a new two-lane alternate route around Tipton, and add lanes to from Tipton to Morgan County. $91.5 million.
6. Missouri 100. Improve Manchester Road (Missouri 100) between Hanley Road and Lindbergh Boulevard in the St. Louis area. $85.5 million.
7. Interstate 435. Add lanes and improve bridges on I-435 from Kansas to Interstate 49 in the Kansas City area. $81.1 million.
8. Interstate 70. Add lanes to I-70 from Blue Ridge Cut Off to Interstate 470 in the Kansas City area. $75.1 million.
9. Interstate 44. Improve I-44 between I-270 and Missouri 141, including new bridges over the Meramec River and an added westbound lane in the St. Louis area. $74.8 million.
10. U.S. 169. Replace the U.S. 169 Broadway Bridge over the Missouri River in Kansas City. $73.8 million.Previous stories....Proposed Amendment 7 increases Missouri sales taxOpen house meeting in Kirksville to discuss transportation improvements