With temperatures rising across the region, many people are gearing up for their summer activities and vacations. To ensure you get the most out of these warm months, U.S. Cellular has put together a list of apps that can assist in planning a vacation, finding delicious summertime recipes, and creating workout plans to help offset any unwanted side effects from all those backyard barbeques.
â??It seems like the summer months always fly by and we know the importance of spending time with family and friends, so using smartphones can help simplify and organize anything you have planned to allow you more time to spend with those you care about,â?? said Josh Beelman, store manager for U.S. Cellular in Kirksville. â??Our store associates are also always here to help tailor your smartphones to fit your individual needs and that includes helping you find the best apps to make your summer more enjoyable.â??
Several applications that are available in Google Play can help you to savor your summer:
- TripIt â?? This handy app combines all of your trip details into a single itinerary on your smartphone or a tablet, such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Simply forward any travel confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and it instantly recognizes and saves reservations from more than 3,000 booking sites including flight, hotels, rental cars, cruises and more right into the palm of your hand. You can customize itineraries with maps, directions, pictures and notes. Share trip plans with family directly, or let your social media contacts know when and where youâ??re headed.
- Epicurious â?? Epicurious is an award-winning, free app that offers more than 28,000 professionally-tested and created recipes. The app categorizes recipes to make searching for a recipe easy, with categories such as â??Fourth of Julyâ?? or â??Grilling Entrees.â?? You can also simply say the name of a recipe into any cutting-edge devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy S 4, and instantly retrieve it using the 4G LTE network.
- BigOven â?? Do you have extra ingredients or leftovers from the BBQ? BigOven is a free app that offers a way to use them up with the Leftover Wizard. By entering up to three ingredients or random items in your refrigerator, BigOven pulls up meal options that use those ingredients, helping you get the most out of your groceries.
- Campbell â??s Kitchen â?? This app is easy to use and offers thousands of delicious recipes, including great summer barbecue recipes. By entering the prep time, cook time and whoâ??s eating, just shake the phone and the application comes up with a meal suggestion. Itâ??s a great app for an indecisive chef and itâ??s fun.
- Track your training. Whether training for a marathon or a 5k or simply trying to shape up for swimsuit season, there are several apps that can help you train. MapMyRUN+ tracks the route, distance, pace, calories and more in real-time using GPS technology. Another free app thatâ??s great for runners is RunKeeper, which uses GPS to measure your fitness activities such as distance and pace, while also tracking the path traveled on a map and providing audio cues, customized interval workouts and integrated RunKeeper Fitness Classes.