City of Kirksville continues work to better area parks
KIRKSVILLE, Mo. —
A new aquatic facility and new community center have been topics of discussion in Kirksville for several months.
While the city is busy taking suggestions on what community members would like to see in those projects, parks department staffers are also gearing up for other improvements.
At a recent Lakes, Parks and Recreation Commission (LPRC) meeting, it was discussed what else is being done with the funds from the new parks sales tax.
According to city documents, the following projects will be completed this fiscal year with the sales tax funds:
- Veteran Memorial Lighting Replacement
- Memorial Park Sidewalk Additions
- McKinney Bark Park (Sidewalks, Access, Water Fountain and other Amenities)
- North Park Complex Pee Wee Fields Concrete Additions, Sidewalks and New Bathroom
- North Park Complex Ball Field Fence Safety Capping
- North Park Complex Shelter Roof Replacement
- North Park Complex Press Box Replacement and Painting
- Patryla Park Parking Lot Addition (In Cooperation with Public Works for New Water Tower)
- P.C. Mills Park Basketball Court Extension/Rebuild
There is also a new section of the City of Kirksville website for community members to leave feedback about current parks or to suggest new ideas.
For more information, click here.